Special Master Experience Federal and State Courts and Clients Nationwide
There may be certain cases or issues that call for appointment of an ADR professional. We can look at a particular issue that has delayed or confused litigants in a particular case. Our ADR professionals have encountered various issues from document privilege issues to financial disclosures or meta and embedded data of e-discovery. The appointment of a special discovery master may be the right solution to allow a global resolution to commence.
Our firm’s special master services include:
- Fact finding
- Neutral fact finding can lead to a unified effort to define a stipulated set of facts which lawyers on both sides can use when preparing for arbitration or trial.
- Pre-trial discovery with the assistance of a discovery master can lead to an efficient settlement in complex litigation.
- There are many benefits to the involvement of a true third-party neutral in mediation, arbitration and other forms of ADR.
- Settlement negotiation assistance
- This may involve statute agreements, direct expert dialog or institutional memory reconstruction where time and complexity may cause limitless expense in traditional litigation.
Judge Marina Corodemus (Ret.) was the sole Mass Tort Judge for New Jersey for ten years and ruled in many landmark pharmaceutical cases during her tenure. In addition to being an AV rated* attorney, Judge Corodemus is a member of the Academy of Court-Appointed Masters (ACAM), an independent organization of experienced masters who serve in both federal and state courts.
Attorney Healey’s areas of expertise are redevelopment, Brownfields, regulatory compliance and transactional law.
Attorney Henderson focuses on pharmaceutical and medical device manufacturers, manufacturers of industrial products, insurance companies and financial institutions.
Examples of Our Special Master Service
Our professionals have acted as special masters throughout the United States. A few notable cases are highlighted below.
- Ephedra Bankruptcy cases Federal Court
- Vioxx Litigation Federal Court MDL
- Fen-Phen Diet Drugs NJ State Court
- Zyprexa, Risperdol, Seroquel NJ State Court
- Insurance Coverage Florida State Court, California
- Newark Bay Complex NJ State Court
Tobacco case against R.J. Reynolds and the Durham Woods fire case which resulted from a natural gas pipeline explosion.
Nationwide Special Master Services
Successful performance as a special master in a complex case can depend upon the special master’s experience with particular legal issues, procedural problems or specific industries. Judge Marina Corodemus (Ret.) was the sole Mass Tort Judge for New Jersey for ten years and ruled in many landmark pharmaceutical, environmental and consumer cases during her tenure including multiple class actions, fen-Phen Diet Drug , Rezulin, Lead Paint, PPA, Birth Control, Latex, Tobacco, environmental Pollution, and numerous products liability cases.
Collectively, our experience covers:
- Commercial law
- Environmental law
- Class actions
- Mass tort
- Consumer fraud
- Medical devices
- Aggregate Allocations
To discuss your need for a third-party neutral, ADR expert, special master or assistance with complex litigation management, please call or contact our law office for a preliminary discussion.
* AV is the highest rating given. CV, BV and AV are registered certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the confidential opinions of members of the Bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell ratings fall into two categories — legal ability and general ethical standards